Good Lessons For a Happy & Fulfilled Life
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to and Sleep for 7 hours a day.
3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to __________ today.'
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants and remember Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
8. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
14. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you. Dream more while you are awake.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'
17. Forgive everyone for everything.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
21. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch!!!
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
23. Pay off your credit cards every month.
24. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
25. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
26. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
27. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
28. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present. Don't remind your partner with His/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
29. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
30. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
31. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
32. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
33. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
34. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
35. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie.
36. Never say “someday.” Don’t wait, do it now because “Someday” may never come.
37. Always choose life.
38. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
39. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special..
40. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
41. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
42. The most important sex organ is the brain.
43. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
44. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
45. Your children get only one childhood and Call your family often.
46. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
47. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
48. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
49. Believe in miracles.
50. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
51. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
52. The best is yet to come.
53. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
55. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
56. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
57. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
58. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished _________. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
59. GOD heals everything.
60. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
61. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
62. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
63. Follow the three R’s:
-- Respect for self,
-- Respect for others and
-- Responsibility for all your actions
64. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck
65. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
66. Don’t let a little dispute injure a great relationship.
67. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
68. Spend some time alone every day.
69. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
70. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
71. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
72. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
73. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
74. Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.
75. Be gentle with the earth.
76. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before
77. Treat others like you would want them to treat you.
78. Never judge people by looks alone, sure they may walk like a duck and look like a duck, but wait till they quack.
79. Never impose your own beliefs on others. It is just annoying. Just wait for people to ask you about them.
80. Live your life to the fullest. You only get one chance at it and there are no do over's.